Join us to make this yummy shrimp pasta dish . Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at VmVyb25pY2EtWmEgISBGbG9yZXMgfCB1YnMgISBjb20= with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
Shrimp and Spinach Parmesan Pasta
• 12 oz. penne pasta
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ medium onion – small dice
• 2 cups whole milk
• 6 oz. cream cheese
• ¾ cup grated Parmesan
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 cups fresh baby spinach or 1 cup frozen, thawed and strained
• 10 pieces of large shrimp
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Large skillet or second pot
• Wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula
• Pot with lid for cooking pasta
• Plate for serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add salt and the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander.
2. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the butter and minced garlic and onion to a deep skillet or pot and sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the onion is soft and fragrant, but not brown.
3. Add shrimp to pan and cook two
4. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the milk to the skillet along with the cream cheese (cut into chunks). Heat the milk and cream cheese while whisking, until the cream cheese has fully melted into the milk.
5. Whisk in the half the amount grated Parmesan cheese and continue to whisk as the sauce comes up to a gentle simmer. When it reaches a simmer, the sauce will thicken. Add a little more cheese but reserve for garnish. Turn the heat down too low to keep the sauce warm. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
6. Add the fresh spinach to the sauce and stir until it has wilted.
7. Finally, add the cooked and drained pasta to the spinach sauce and stir to combine. Stir in protein of choice if using. Serve immediately.
Chef Notes: Please have all ingredients and equipment in front of you before the start of class
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVirtual+Cooking+School
Tickets for UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Shrimp and Spinach Parmesan Pasta can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|