Upcoming Changes to Outbreak Management in Residential Aged Care
Presented by Professor Lyn Gilbert
The Independent Review of COVID-19 Outbreaks in Australian Residential Aged Care Facilities issued its final report on 1 November 2021. The review was conducted by Professor Lyn Gilbert AO and Adjunct Professor Alan Lilly. In it's response to the report, the Government agreed to implement all 38 recommendations made in the report, heralding another raft of changes to the way residential aged care homes are regulated.
This presentation will include;
- Emergency response – the multidisciplinary response to managing an outbreak- Infection prevention and control – skills, attributes and knowledge required to prevent infection.
- Key recommendations: including Government action and Clinical waste
- Leadership, management and governance – the day-to-day oversight of the delivery of care-
- Planning and preparation – putting in place measures to prevent or manage an outbreak
- Preventing social isolation – reducing impacts of visitor restrictions on residents
- Workforce and staff mental health – the provision of a healthy workforce
About the Speaker
Professor Lyn Gilbert is an infectious disease physician and clinical microbiologist and has Master’s degree in Bioethics. She is a senior researcher at the Marie Bashir Institute for Emerging Infections and Biosecurity and at Sydney Health Ethics (formerly Centre for Values, Ethics and the Law in Medicine) at the University of Sydney.
Until recently she was Director of the Centre for Infectious Diseases & Microbiology Laboratory Services and Director of Infection Prevention and Control for Western Sydney Local Health District, at Westmead Hospital.
Her main research interests are prevention, surveillance, control and ethics of communicable diseases of public health importance.
For more details please go to https://www.health2ageducate.com/upcoming-seminars or call 1300 667 709
Certificates of attendance provided (please allow up to 7 days following the event)
Tickets for Aged Care Livestream 2nd Mar 22 Upcoming Changes to Outbreak Management can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|General Admission||AUD 165|